FAST & Friendly Service
- Licensed with City of Ottawa
- Insured - $2 million policy
- Polite Staff
- Fast & Efficient Service
- Tractors with Blowers (not trucks with plows)
- Large enough to serve, small enough to care
Former Metro Customer Signup
Early Season Signup
Question? Concern? Just want to sign up? Drop us a line and we'll send contact you ASAP!
- We have served the Nepean Community for several years and continue to gain the trust of hundreds of clients every year.
- ACTIVESNOW -
We are ready to serve!
- We use tractor mounted snow blowers to provide you with the safest and quickest snow removal possible.
- We place markers on your laneway at the end of October
- Our blowers are equiped with teflon blades to minimize damage to your laneway
- We cover all snow storms which are greater than 5 cm (as recorded by the Ottawa International Airport).
- We are fully licensed and insured to remove snow in the City of Ottawa.
- Our website is ALWAYS up to date throughout each storm, keeping you informed!
Terms of Service
ACTIVESNOW makes every effort to provide great service each summer and winter. To this end, we need a little help from you. It is our desire to deliver your service as quickly, efficiently and safely as possible. The following are our guidelines to help accomplish these goals.
- Main Number: 1-613-263-0033- Our office is open week days 8 am to 5 pm. If you have a question or comment, please feel free to call, text, or email us! We are closed the day before, the day of and the day after winter storms due to being out dealing with the snow.Pricing policy- Prices are shown in CAD. ACTIVESNOW reserves the right to change prices of the Services.Payment- We accept cheques, cash and the following credit cards: Visa, Mastercard.
- We prefer not to accept e-transfersCancellation- If you change your mind about an item you must notify us as soon as possible. Your service will be ended immediately. Any outstanding debt will be due within 30 days of cancellation. If your account is paid in full, a full refund will be issued less any services that have been rendered prior to cancellation. Refunds will be made via company cheque and will be mailed to the address we have on file unless alternate address is provided.
- Rudeness, verbal abuse and physical abuse towards staff members of ACTIVESNOW will absolutely not be allowed and is grounds for immediate termination of your contract without refund.
- It is your right to cancel this agreement at any time within 10 days of signing without penalty.
- You may cancel this agreement any time thereafter with a written notice. Please note there will be a $50 cancellation fee. Your refund will be returned to the address listed on this agreement less charges for services rendered and the $50 cancellation fee
- Both parties reserve the right to cancel this agreement at any point for any reason.Winter Snow Clearing:- Please note: If you have a stake from our company in front of your house, your driveway will be taken care of ASAP. All calls will be returned; therefore multiple calls are not necessary.
- Emergency calls will be returned ASAP. An example of an emergency is an ambulance en route to your home and your drive is blocked with 30+ centimeters of snow.
- We would like to thank you in advance for your patience during snow storms. We are boots on the ground as soon as the last snow flake falls, and we don’t stop until everyone is taken care of. During heavy snow events, we may perform a quick pass of your driveway to help you stay mobile. These visits are typically overnight but before 6am or during the afternoon but before 4. These visits ensure that you can get to and from work. A complete cleaning will occur after the snow has stopped.
- We only visit your property after 5 cm of snow has fallen. If over the course of 2-3 days a total accumulation of 5 cm is reached, we will visit your property after the snow stops on the 3rd day.
- Please keep your driveway clear of all obstacles including, but not limited to: garbage cans, downspouts, electrical cords etc. Please trim all trees to a height of at least 11’ (to accommodate our tractor which is ~10’ tall). Untrimmed branches will prevent us from accessing your drive. ACTIVESNOW, it's owners, share holders, employees, or sub contractors cannot be held responsible for damage to any item that protrudes into, borders on, or that fall within the area designated to be cleared.
- Please do not place trash cans/recycling cans at foot of drive on snowy days that coincide with garbage day, this prevents us from efficiently clearing your laneway.
- ACTIVESNOW, it's owners, share holders, employees, or sub contractors cannot he held responsible for damages to your laneway resulting from an underlying problem including but not limited to: "alligator cracking", pot holes, heaving, dips, ect. It is your responsibility to insure that your laneway can withstand the process of snowblowing.
- Please park your vehicle as far back into your driveway as possible. This enables us to clear as much of your drive as possible. Please do not park at the foot of your drive as it prevents us from properly clearing the snow from your drive.
- We will call you 1-4 hours before we arrive to clear your drive. This allows you to clean your vehicle and move it BEFORE we arrive. We cannot wait for you while you clean your vehicle. If you cannot move your vehicle before we arrive, we will try to double back later to clean your drive but this could take up to 5 hours. This extra call ahead phone service will be available for storms over 10 cm. We will not call on overnight clearing visits or for light storms.
- The snow blowing business is, by nature, unpredictable. i.e. employees calling in sick, damaged equipment, traffic, multiple phone calls. Therefore, we cannot guarantee completion times. We will, however, be working as hard as we can to clear your driveway.
- We are here to serve you at a moment’s notice. We are on standby every day from November 15 to March 31.
- Due to the harsh nature of the environment we work in, occasionally snow equipment will break down. While it is not our desire to do so, we reserve the right to clear your drive using snow plows.
- Please note, during prolonged snow storms, we will need to take breaks to attend to our families, take a nap and eat a meal.
- There will be a $30 service charge for any returned cheque(s).
- We will get as close to the sides of your drive and garage door as we feel comfortable. Our sidewalk shoveling service includes shoveling in front of the garage door. If you didn’t sign up for this service, please push snow from the edges out into the driveway, we will clear everything into the lawn.
- Any turf that is scrapped up along your drive will be repaired in the spring.
- We make every attempt to prevent scraping your drive; however, some superficial scuffing may occur.
- This agreement includes up to 40 visits or 250 cm as recorded by Environment Canada at the Ottawa International Airport. We will continue to service your property billing in increments of $50 +HST. This will increase your coverage by 50cm each time.
- A large storm may include up to four (4) visits: A fast pass during the storm, a full pass after the storm, a return pass to clear where cars were parked, and a final pass to clear the plowbank.
- Before we can proceed with snow blowing at your property, your account must be paid in full, your signed contract must be held at our office, and our stakes must be at the end of your driveway.
- We welcome multiple payments (up to 4) in the form of cheques post-dated for the first of each month Oct 1 –Jan 1.
- You are responsible for all snow falls totaling less than 5 cm according to Environment Canada.
- We cannot be held responsible for any fines or penalties due to snow which accidentally lands on City of Ottawa property. We make every attempt to prevent blowing snow on any property other than yours.
- We cannot remove snow from your property.
- We will perform snow clearing services for customers Before November 15 or after March 31 for $50/visit.
- Please note that there may be a delay in service on Christmas Day (Dec 25) and New Year’s Day (Jan 1) as some employees will be away.
- Walkways are not cleared in conjunction with driveways. Walkways may be cleared up to 12 hours after the storm has ended. Due to the intense nature of snow shoveling, we will only make a single visit for each snow storm up to 13 or 20 visits/ events max (depending on service level purchased). Additional visits may be purchased for $10+HST/visit billed in increments of $20+HST. Walkway accumulation is limited to 250cm. Service after this is $1 per cm billed in increments of $50 +HST
- Walkways are cleared to a minimum width of 24 inches to ensure safe exit from home. Additional width available upon request
- By purchasing Snow Clearing services from ACTIVESNOW, you agree to release ACTIVESNOW, it's owners, share holders, employees, or sub contractors from any liability resulting from slips and falls on any laneway, sidewalk or surface.Ice melt
- Our payment plans are for a FULL season of snow blowing: November 1 - March 31.
-Monthly Service requests are unavailable.
This Current/ Former Customer exclusive Early Bird discount has ended, however you can still get a great price on our service by clicking the link below and using the following Promo Code:FIRST15The first 15 customers to use this promo code will get a discount on their service!
Step:1 Click the Button below
Step 2: Click "Buy Now" button
Step 3: Before you click
"Pay with credit card"
"Have a coupon code?"
Step 4: Enter your coupon code.
Thank you for your payment!
You should receive a confirmation email and receipt shortly!Questions?
Please don't hesitate to contact us!
Important information concerning your 2022 - 2023 Snow Contract
According to Environment Canada we are approaching our contract limit of 250 cm. As of February 19 2018 We have received 245.3cm of snow.Your contract states:
"This agreement includes up to 40 visits or 250 cm as recorded by Environment Canada at the Ottawa International Airport. We will continue to service your property for $1 per cm, billed in increments of $50 +HST. We will contact you before the 250 cm mark is reached at which time which you may opt out."If you would like to OPT OUT of service beyond 250 cm, please let us know asap.
Sidewalk coverage has been extended to 15 visits for all customers who signed up for the 13 visit package. Customers who signed up for the 20 visit package have been extended to 22 visits.